|images via 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5|
1. We're loving: Summer freshness!
2. We're watching: Curb Your EnthusiasmFor anyone who didn't see this the first time around (and I don't think anyone did) - it's time! It is so sharp and funny. The star, Larry David, is the genius creator of Seinfeld, and the inspiration for George Costanza, which is all you really need to know to get on board. I was even more impressed to read that it is basically entirely improvised. Add it to your binge-watch to-do list.
3. We're reading: Grow, Cook, EatI'm not a lover of the act of gardening; I just like to reap the benefits. Phil is the one who enjoys the act, and knowing this, our pal MacKenzie lent him this book. Even I, a non-gardener, can get on board with this! It is FILLED with information, recipes, planting guides, uses, etc. etc. - a must-have for the growing season! Get it here.
4. We're laughing at: More Kindergarten cuteness.This is my favorite time of year, when my students are becoming real readers & writers. You might remember this gem from around the same time with last year's class. Here's a few recent snippets:
|^ How sweet is this little guy?!?!|
|B/D reversals always lighten up a Monday morning!|
5. We're trying: The 6 tastes of AyurvedaI went to a workshop last month taught by a yoga instructor who I want to be - she is in her 60's and looks about 16, and has the softest, kindest way. The workshop was on nutrition and she shared with us the 6 tastes of Ayurveda - sweet, salty, sour, bitter, astringent, and pungent. She said her yogi believes that if all 6 tastes are incorporated into each meal, it stabilizes cravings in addition to providing your body balanced nourishment. Yes, all 6 in every meal, not every day. Read more here.
The whole time I was thinking how fabulous it would be to attempt the tastes for the blog - I think I could at least pull off a day or two. It's on my summer "bucket list."
Not remotely convinced it's going to do anything about my craving for soft ice cream - still my biggest summer thrill.
Happy holiday weekend!